You are currently running an SAP Process Integration (PI) system, in your production landscape, with a single Java server node per Application Server. Because of this single Java node configuration, your PI system is currently experiencing performance bottlenecks and/or system instabilities.
Performance bottlenecks usually occur in the form of:
- Long processing time of PI messages;
- Message backlog;
- Communication channel time-outs; and
- Serial processing of requests for specific adapters like File and JDBC.
Instabilities are typically in the form of:
- OutOfMemory (OOM) exceptions due to overload (e.g., high number of parallel mappings),
- Long Garbage Collection pauses causing application processing to stop, and
- Insufficient capacity to handle failover scenarios since the Java server node is a single point of failure.
- PI Release Independent
- SAP NetWeaver
- SAP Process Integration
J2EE Server Nodes, Load Distribution, Parallel Requests, Resource Bottlenecks, OutOfMemory Exception, OOM, Performance, scaling, workload, system availability, AEX, tune, tuning, cluster, , KBA , BC-XI-CON-AFW , J2EE Adapter Framework , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.