You are currently running an SAP Process Integration (PI) system, in your production landscape, with a single Java server node per Application Server. Because of this single Java node configuration, your PI system is currently experiencing performance bottlenecks and/or system instabilities.
Performance bottlenecks usually occur in the form of:
- Long processing time of PI messages;
- Message backlog;
- Communication channel time-outs; and
- Serial processing of requests for specific adapters like File and JDBC.
Instabilities are typically in the form of:
- OutOfMemory (OOM) exceptions due to overload (e.g., high number of parallel mappings),
- Long Garbage Collection pauses causing application processing to stop, and
- Insufficient capacity to handle failover scenarios since the Java server node is a single point of failure.
- PI Release Independent
- SAP NetWeaver
- SAP Process Integration
J2EE Server Nodes, Load Distribution, Parallel Requests, Resource Bottlenecks, OutOfMemory Exception, OOM, Performance, scaling, workload, system availability, AEX, tune, tuning, cluster, , KBA , BC-XI-CON-AFW , J2EE Adapter Framework , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.