- Bookmarks incorrect.
- Report exported to PDF generates wrong group tree.
- When exporting a report to PDF format from Crystal Reports, the group tree is different than the bookmarks generated for the PDF document.
- Note: Images and data in this SAP Knowledge Base Article is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report off any data source.
- Insert multiple groups.
- Set the first group of the report to display in hierarchical order.
- 3.1 Under the menu "Report", select "Hierarchical Grouping Options..."
- 3.2 In the “Hierarchical Group Options” window, check the option “Sort Data Hierarchically”
- 3.3 Select the "Parent ID" database field, and click "OK"
- 5.1 In the "Export options" window when exporting to PDF, check the option "Create bookmarks from group tree", and click "OK"
- Open the exported report in Adobe Reader, and notice the bookmarks is different in the PDF document than the Group Tree in Crystal Reports.
- This issue only occurs when the hierarchical group is conditionally suppressed.
- The issue has been identified and logged under Problem Report ID ADAPT01685304
- The issue is resolved in the following product updates and above:
- Crystal Reports 2008:
- Fix Pack 5.5
- Fix Pack 6.2
- Service Pack 7
- Crystal Reports 2013:
- Support Pack 01
- SAP Crystal Reports Developer for Visual Studio:
CR , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Bug Filed
Crystal Reports 2008 V0 ; Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011, feature pack 03 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013