This case document will help you to locate sources which provides an overview of all the Data Sources and Characteristics available for reporting in SAP Business ByDesign.
This information is particularly helpful if you are trying to create custom Data Sources, Reports or if you want to find out if it is possible to report on a specific UI Field.
SAP Business ByDesign
The documents can be found at SAP Business ByDesign in the SAP Help Portal:
- Access the page in the following link
- Navigate to the Use section
- Here you will find the following documents:
- Characteristic Indexes (Documents which inform users in which data sources a characteristic can be found).
- Data Sources Documentation (Documentation of all Data Sources available for reporting).
If you would like to request for a new field to be included in a data source, you can:
- Ask your partner to help achive it
- Post this requirement onto the Continuous Customer Influence portal available here: https://influence.sap.com/SAPByDesign
Data Source documentation; characteristic indexes; fields; report; list , KBA , datasource , bydesign , byd , data sources documentation , new functionality , service center , characteristic index , ui field , custom field , data sources , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To