When you try to Upload New Materials using Microsoft Excel, system throws below error message:
"Product Category ID XYZ does not exist"
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Product Data work center.
- Select Materials view.
- Select New button and choose Material from MS Excel.
- Download the Excel and update the Material details.
- Select Save Data To in the Excel.
There could two possibilities which caused the issue:
- The Product Category entered by you in the excel is wrong.
- You have assigned the Product Category ID to another field instead of Product Category field.
Solution 1: Check in the system (Product Category view in Product Data work center) whether the Product Category exists and assign the correct Product Category ID.
Solution 2: Check the excel again and assign the Product Category ID to correct field.
KBA , SRD-MD-PRD-PRD , Product , How To