In the Fine Tune activity Account Determination you are maintaining G/L accounts for Fixed Asset Sale/Scrapping.
In the Book Value at Retirement (Gain) column you want to maintain an expense account of type COSEXP. But you can only select a revenue account of type REVGAN here.
Reproducing the Issue
- In the Business Configuration workcenter navigate to the Implementation Projects view. Here select the respective project and then click Open Activity List.
- Navigate to the Fine-Tune phase and there search for the activity Charts of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination (In case your system is live already navigate to the Overview view and search for this activity. Then click Change immediately to access it).
- Now go to Account determination and select Fixed Assets.
- In the next screen select the respective account determination profile and then navigate to the Fixed Asset Sale/Scrapping tab.
- In the Book Value at Retirement (Gain) column you want to maintain an expense account of type COSEXP;
- It is, however, only possible to select a revenue account of type REVGAN here.
The system works correctly here.
In the French accounting system the posting logic is as follows for fixed asset sale/srapping:
- In case of a fixed asset sale with revenue (gain) the account determination for fixed asset always uses the G/L account maintained in Revenue from Sales of Asset (gain) as well as the G/L account mainained under Book Value at Retirement (gain). According to the French law only G/L accounts of type REVGAN (Revenue/Gain) have to be used here.
- In case of a fixed asset sale with loss the account determination for fixed asset always derives the G/L accounts maintained in Revenue from Sale of Asset (Loss) as well as Book Value at Retirement (Loss). According to the French law G/L accounts of type COSEXP (cost/expense) have to be used in this case.
- There are examples, such as the US system, where in both cases, asset sale with loss as well as asset sale with revenue, you can only use revenue accounts of type REVGAN. But in the French accounting system this is not possible. Here you have to post assets sale with loss to COSEXP accounts and asset sale with revenue to REVGAN accounts.
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To