- How to show the description of a field?
- Only the Technical Name of data source objects shows in Crystal Reports.
- Technical Name of fields are displayed in the Field Explorer pane of Crystal Reports. How to show the description of the database fields instead?
- Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report off any data source.
- In the "Field Explorer" pane, it displays the technical name of the data source fields.
This make it difficult for a report designer to select the right objects to use on the report, since the technical name if often short and cryptic.
- To display the description of the database fields in the "Field Explorer" in Crystal Reports:
- In Crystal Reports designer, under the menu "File", select "Options..."
- In the "Options" window, select the tab "Database".
- For the database options "Tables and Fields", select "Show Description".
Now, it will display the description of the database fields in the "Field Explorer",
which make it easier for the report designer to select the desired database fields.
CR , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , How To