The approach to be taken while migrating additional part numbers for existing materials.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Go to Overview.
- Show Activities and Find Migration of Materials.
- Select the Change Immediately button.
- Select the hyperlink Migrate materials using the Migration tool.
As to your query of being able to upload additional part numbers for materials, you only need to specify the additional part numbers in the template. The system will only append the new part numbers to the list of existing ones, existing parts remain.
The Customer Part Numbers and Supplier Part Numbers sheets are hidden in the migration template. You can un-hide them and feed the new part numbers corresponding to the respective material IDs. To un-hide them, right-click title of any visible sheet and select the Unhide option. In the subsequent window, select the aforementioned sheets.
While Migrating, please see to that the option to Enhance already existing records is selected.
This can be done through the following steps:
- In the Migration tool, select the file you are trying to migrate.
- Select Properties button.
- Select Advanced option.
- You will see an option to choose the Migration Mode.
- In the drop down choose Enhance already existing records.
Note: It is not possible to delete Supplier Part Number in bulk after import. You can only delete it manually following below mentioned steps:
- Go to Product Data work center
- Select Materials view
- Select Edit button and select View All
- Select Purchasing subtab
- Select Supplier Part Number
- Select the required row
- Select Remove
KBA , enhance part numbers , materials , additional part numbers , AP-SLO , Sales Order Processing , How To