- A password expires for a login whose password was configured to not expire.
- ASE encountered error 1204 indicating ASE server ran out of locks during the login attempt (this can be hard to establish as 1204s default severity is not high enough to be output to the errorlog. Use sp_altermessage to cause 1204s to be logged in the future).
- Following this error, ASE resets the login's password expiration interval to the default for the server
Following the expiration interval, sp_displaylogin shows the following:
- The Date of the "Last Password Change" is set to when the password was first created.
- Password expired is set to YES.
- Password expiration interval is set to 0.
sp_displaylogin <login name>
Auto Login Script:
Date of Last Password Change: Jul 5 2010 12:32PM
Password expiration interval: 0
Password expired: YES
Minimum password length: 6
Maximum failed logins: 0
Current failed login attempts: 0
Authenticate with: AUTH_DEFAULT
Login Password Encryption: SHA-256
- Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.0.3
- Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.5
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
password, expiration, interval, exempt, 1204, default, CR736268, CR#736268 , KBA , password expiration , sybase , sp_displaylogin , 1204 , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.