You received an Incoming Check for a payment. When checking the posting you notice that the Journal Entry does not display a VAT (or IVA in Mexico) posting.
Reproducing the Issue
- In the General Ledger workcenter navigate to the Journal Entries view.
- Show All Postings and select the respective Journal Entry XXX of type 00096-Cash Payment.
- In this posting with payment method 06-Check you are missing the journal entry line items for the VAT posting from the deferred tax account to the respective output tax account.
Mexican deferred taxes are activated only when a tax adjustment takes place via the tax declaration run and not when the payment is made. You first need to execute the tax declaration run in order to realize the tax payment.
- Go to the Tax Management workcenter.
- Go to Periodic Tasks view and here select the VAT Return runs subview.
- Click New Tax Return Run.
- In the Tax Return Arrangement ID field include the MX_IVA.
- In the Run Type field include the option 1 - Tax Declaration and Tax Adjustment.
- Enter the respective posting date and range date.
- Press Set to Active.
- Press Schedule and set up the run according to your demand
- Press Save and Close.
KBA , incoming check , customer invoice , vat amount , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To
SAP Business ByDesign all versions