Customer intents to create a new Scheduled Project Invoice Request and receives an alert: Action triggered; verify result in Work view in a few minutes but nothing happens after that.
or error Customer Invoicing not possible; posting to financial accounting is blocked on XX:XX:XXXX
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Project Management workcenter and navigate to the Projects View and there choose the Projects subview.
- Show All Projects and navigate to the respective project.
- Click on the Project Identifier icon right beside the project ID and there choose Create Scheduled Project Invoice Request.
- The alert appears: Action triggered; verify result in Work view in a few minutes
- Nothing happens after that.
This command triggers an asynchronous backend report. After a few minutes you can verify its results in the Invoice Preparation - Work view of the Project Management workcenter.
There is an open task in work sub view of Invoice Preparation view under project management work center and you need to take actions on this task. If you open the task, you will come to know the error from the application log.
Task - Solve Issue When Creating Project Invoice Request
Here you can check if there were any issues raised during the scheduled invoice creation or you can review and release successfully created invoices.
For scheduled invoices the system creates invoices for the whole scheduled period. Therefore a possible cause why invoices were not created is that not all respective accounting periods are open for posting.
To check if the accounting periods are open
- Go to the General Ledger workcenter and here to the Common Tasks.
- Choose Open and Close Periods
- Select the accounting period in which you need release the invoice.
- Check if the accounting period is open for operational postings (first allowed step: 010-Operational Postings; last allowed step: 010-Operational Postings or 020-Closing Entries).
- In Details section ensure that the Process Control is configured correctly and that posting into the period is still/ already possible.
Steps to release the invoice.
- In the Project Management workcenter go to the Invoice Preparation view and choose the Work subview.
- Select Advanced (for advanced search option).
- Search for the project ID reference and click Go.
- Select the row and click Edit to open the corresponding task.
- In the task choose Actions and select Retry to trigger the scheduled invoice request creation.
Case Document: 1773544 - Open Differences in SupplierInvoice and TradeReceivablesPayablesRegister, to be able to check details on the Set Process Control Steps.
Project Invoice Request Not Created For a Sales Order , KBA , AP-PRO , Project Processing , How To