Even though you have already cancelled the relevant payment allocation it is not possible to cancel a tax payment as an error message appears: Payment order cannot be cancelled. Cancellation of tax payment failed.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- In the Tax Management workcenter navigate to the Tax Payments view.
- Select the tax payment that you want to cancel and click Reverse.
- An error message appears: Payment order cannot be canceled; Cancellation of tax payment X failed.
- In the Payment Management workcenter navigate to the Payment Monitor view. Filter for the payment allocation related to your tax payment, by filtering for the transaction amount for instance. You make sure that the respective payment allocation has already been cancelled.
It is not possible to cancel the tax payment as the related bank transfer got already issued. Or the the bank statement has already been confirmed. The status of the bank transfer is In Transfer.
- In the Payment Management workcenter navigate to the Payment Monitor view.
- Filter for the ID of your tax payment (alternatively you can filter for the payment amount or the respective tax authority in the Payer/Payee Name column).
- You notice that the status of the payment is In Transfer.
- Choose Actions for Bank Transactions and select Set to not transferred.
- Now navigate back to the Tax Management workcenter and here to the Tax Payments view.
- Select the respective tax payment and press Reverse.
- This time the reverse will be executed.
Steuerzahlung stornieren; Tax paymnet; reverse , KBA , SRD-FIN-TAX , Tax Management , How To