You want to apply the Repost Open Items functionality for open payables. When attempting to repost you receive the error: Invoice XYZ is migrated; repost or split not possible.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Payables work center.
- Choose the Suppliers view, select the relevant supplier account ABC and press View.
- In the Supplier Account Monitor highlight the open invoice XYZ and choose Actions / Repost Open Items.
The following error messages appear:
Repost not possible. Not all selected items can get reposted.
Invoice XYZ is migrated; repost or split not possible.
As a system definition it is not possible to repost migrated payables. The rational is that when migrating Open Items Payables via migration tool the transaction's essential parameters as document date, creditor etc. should be sufficiently specific and clear in order to ensure a consistent migration also with respect to tax implications. The same applies for migrated Open Items Receivables and the function Split Open Item.
For all Open Items Payables and it is recommended to double-check before the migration process how these transactions are ultimately to be distributed among supplier and customer accounts.
In case you do not want to repeat the migration process in particular cases you can consider and check the following workaround.
- Navigate to the Supplier Account Monitor for for supplier ABC.
- Apply a New Charge/Credit, type Supplier Charge in order to clear invoice XYZ.
- State a viable and clear Document Description and make sure to select dates identical to migrated invoice XYZ.
- Clear both documents against each other.
- Recreate a conventional invoice copying the data of original invoice XYZ.
KBA , SRD-FIN-ACP , Payables , How To