You have a requirement to limit maximum amount the employees can claim on receipt of expense type of category Entertainment or Gift. This can be set in fine-tune activity Expense Reporting - <country>. You find the amount defined here actually applies on individual attendee, not total amount of the receipt. You wonder if it is possible to set Maximum Amount constraint on total amount claimed on expense type of category Entertainment or Gift.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Select the Implementation Projects view.
- Select the project and the Open Activity List button.
- Select the Fine-Tune tab.
- Find the activity Expense Reporting - <country> and open it.
- Choose the Edit expense types link.
- Select an expense type of expense category Entertainment or Gift.
- Select the below Maximum Amounts tab.
- Enter the maximum amount in the Default Amount / Maximum Amount column.
When you select the expense type of category Entertainment or Gift for an expense, you are required to Add Attendee in Edit Details. The Maximum Amount defined in the expense type means the amount limit of one attendee. For example, you enter 5 attendees for the receipt of expense type Entertainment and the Maximum Amount defined in Entertainment is 50 USD. Then the maximum amount you can claim on this expense is 250 USD. Now system does not support to define Maximum Amount on the total amount of the receipt regardless of the attendee number.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To