- sp_password to change a user password to a string without a numeric character included fails with the messages 9551 and 17720:
sp_password 'my_current_password#1' , 'my_new_password_no_digit' , 'username'
Msg 9551, Level 16, State 1:
Server 'SYBASE', Procedure 'sp_password', Line 118:
The specified password does not have any numeric characters. New passwords must have at least one numeric character.
Msg 17720, Level 16, State 1:
Server 'SYBASE', Procedure 'sp_password', Line 128:
Error: Unable to set the Password.
(return status = 1)
- sp_passwordpolicy 'clear' , 'min digits in password' was previously executed to clear the requirement that the password include 1 or more digits.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
- Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.5
- Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.0
integer, security, enforcement, enforce, , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.