- Wrong image displayed on a report.
- Incorrect picture displayed on a report in Crystal Reports, and in SAP BI LaunchPad.
- The Dynamic Image Location feature in Crystal Reports displays the original image used when creating the report, instead of the expected dynamic image.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.1
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.2
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.3
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report based on any data source.
- Under the menu "Insert", select "Picture"
- Select an image, and insert it on the report.
- To make the image dynamic, right click on the image, and select "Format Graphic..."
- Under the tab "Picture", click on the "X-2" button for the option "Graphic"
- Add a formula with a network path of the image, and a field name for the image to display.
- Save the report to the SAP BusinessObjects Enteprise Repository.
- When viewing the report in SAP BI LaunchPad, notice the image is incorrect.
The images do not update dynamically, instead the original Image which was used while inserting the object in the report is displayed
- It will not display the dynamic image, but instead the original image used when creating the report was created if:
- The path or the image name does not exist; or
- Insufficient permissions for the file system location where the images are stored.
- To ensure the dynamic images display correctly:
- In Crystal Reports, open the report, and confirm the dynamic image location formula output a correct Path, and Image file names.
- On the server side, ensure the Web Application Server and the Processing Servers have file system level access to the path and images.
- On the server side, ensure both the user running the Server Intelligent Agent (SIA) and the Web Application Server have access to the image location.
Crystal Reports, Dynamic Image Location, InfoView, BI LaunchPad, wrong, incorrect, dynamic, chart, picture, image, static, user, right, network, location , KBA , BI-BIP-ADM , BI Servers, security, Crystal Reports in Launchpad , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2020