You are unable to post a Supplier Invoice due to error: No functional area could be assigned.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Supplier Invoicing work center
- Go to the Invoices and Credit Memos view
- Select the affected document and open it
- Click on Post
- Error No functional area could be assigned is displayed.
- Alternatively, click on Show Exceptions to see error of type Posting of invoice not possible due to error in financial accounting ; No functional area could be assigned.
No functional area has been assigned to the G/L account of at least one of the invoice's line items.
- Go to the Business Configuration work center
- Go to the Implementation Projects view
- Select your implementation project and click on Open Activity List
- Open activity Settings for Income Statements by Function of Expense and Earned Profit Analysis
- Click on Edit functional area determination
- Under tab Determination Using General Ledger Accounts, maintain a functional area for the affected G/L accounts
KBA , AP-SIP , Supplier Invoice Processing , How To