Mileage is enabled for expense reports and mileage rates and mileage account determination groups are well maintained. But you notice the mileage amount is not calculated after you add mileage in an expense report. The amount is always zero.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Travel & Expenses work center.
- Select Claim Travel Expenses in Request Trip Approval.
- Select the Claim Mileage button.
- Enter the Date, From and To, and Distance. Select the Add button.
- The amount in the added Mileage expense is zero.
The amount of mileage is not calculated because Per Diem Rates is not defined in Account Determination Groups in fine-tune activity Mileage Rates.
- Go to the Admin work center.
- Select the Implementation Projects view.
- Select the project and the Open Activity List button.
- Select the Fine-Tune tab.
- Select All Activities in Show and find the Mileage Rates - <country> activity. Open it.
- Choose the Edit account determination groups link.
- Select the Add Row button.
- Select the corresponding entry in the Country of Reporting column.
- In Reimbursement Rate Type select 1 - Per Diem Rates for Meals in Reimbursement Rate Type and maintain proper validity period and Expense Account. Choose Save.
After Per Diem Rates for Meals is well maintained in Account Determination Groups the amount of mileage will be correctly calculated in expense reports.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To