When attempting to perform remote installation with sapinst, the installer crashes with the following error:
[Error]: Network input/output exception has
occurred: com.sap.sdt.engine.core.communication.AbstractCmd; local
class incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID =
2114821536813725271, local class serialVersionUID = 292039230207479778
The error happens when trying to connect the remote sapinst GUI to the backend sapinst process in the remote host.
- SAP system release independent
- Database release independent
- Sapinst GUI and server started are in different hosts
- Normally this error is observed when the two involved hosts run different OS platforms
- The OS types are usually Unix in the backend, and Windows in the frontend (SAPINSTGUI)
java.io.InvalidClassException, Java, Bug, JVM, Java Virtual Machine, Version, Serial number, Remotely, Background, Installer, Tool, System copy, Split, Execution, Separate, GUI, nogui, SWPM, Software Provisioning Manager , KBA , BC-INS , Installation Tools (SAP Note 1669327) , BC-INS-NT , SAP Netweaver based Solutions on Windows , BC-INS-UNX , Installation Unix , BC-INS-FWK , sapinst and slplugin/slcb , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.