In Crystal Reports if the number field more than 18 digits is displayed in Exponential format.
For ex: the number "1452354879654258746" is displayed as "5.28e+087"
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a report in Crystal Reports designer.
- Drag a number field with digits more than 18 and drop it into the report.
- The number is displayed in format like "5.28e+087".
This is expected behavior.
Create a View on this field such that you get the field converted into String.
- Create a report using the number field with more than 18 digits.
- Create a formula for the Number Field, @test : "cstr(Number Field)"
- Drag and drop the number field into the report, numbers will be shown in correct format.
Field type issue, Number field not showing correctly , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , How To