Access rights and restrictions do not seem to be working. For instance, some users are able to see the stock in locations that have been restricted to them.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Outbound Logistics Control work center.
- Go to the Stock Overview common task.
- The user can see the stock available in locations that were not assigned to this user.
Access restrictions for screens, available in multiple work centers and views, consider the super set of all restrictions available.
If a restriction doesn't exist in any particular view, then it will not be available, if you access the screen from other view.
In this case, the user can still view all sites in the Stock Overview screen, because this screen is also accessible from other work centers such as Outbound Logistics, Production Control, Physical Inventory etc and user has not been restricted for all the work center views.
You will need to restrict access for all the views, a screen is accessible from.
- Go to the Application and User Management work center.
- Go to the Business Users view
- Select the user and choose Edit-->Access Rights. Now you can restrict a particular user for all the views, from which Stock Overview is accessible.
You can also see access inconsistencies in the Edit Access Rights window.
- Choose the Action-->Check Access Rights Consistency.
- Filter for the Activity, in this case, Display Stock Details, you can see that there are many inconsistent access rights assigned for this activity. You will also be able to see all the views, relevant for this.
KBA , common tasks , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To