You want to create a new org. unit in-between two levels in an existing org. structure.
SAP Business ByDesign
To understand the requirement better, consider the following scenario:
In an existing org structure, org unit A has units B and C immediately under it. The requirement is to have new org unit D in such a way that D falls under A and in turn B and C fall under D.
The approach to address the requirement will be to temporarily move the sub-units B and C to a position under another org unit. Then, create the unit D under A. Subsequently the two shifted org units can be brought back below the new org unit, D.
The steps to achieve the scenario will be as follows:
- Go to the Organizational Management work center.
- Select Common Task: Edit Org Structures.
- Select the date in the Effective From field from which date the changes are to be active in the system.
- Select the relevant org. unit that needs to be moved, in this case B.
- Select the small arrow (bottom-right) of the selected org. unit to open its menu, select Edit Org Unit option, and select Cut.
- Highlight the target root org. unit where the org. unit can be placed.
- Select the arrow in the target Org Unit to open its menu, select Edit Org Unit option, and select Paste. The Org Unit moves to the target org. unit (repeat steps 5 through 7 for Org Unit C as well).
- Now, select the root org. unit, A and Select the New button.
- From the drop-down list, select Org Unit.
- Enter the new org. unit ID as D.
- Now, repeat the steps 5 through 7, in a reverse fashion to bring back the two shifted org units under the newly created one.
- Select the org unit A.
- Use the Check button to validate the org. structure.
- Select Activate button to activate the changes.
Create, Org Unit, In-Between , KBA , org unit , org unit between two levels , AP-OM , Organisational Management , How To