- Crystal Reports Running Totals are incorrect
- Crystal Reports Manual Running Totals are incorrect
- Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
Reproducing the Issue
- Refresh report with Running Totals set to "Evaluate on change of group"
- Observe inconsistent results for Totals value
If the evaluation (calculation) done at the lowest group level and records within the group are not sorted, then Crystal Reports will take for calculation the first record from the group in the order records came to Crystal Reports. The original order records are coming to Crystal Reports may depend on the database, driver, volume of data, connectivity type, etc.
Records should be sorted on the lowest level:
- Go to Record Sort Expert
- Add unique identifier database field to the Sort Fields window
wrong results, summary, MRT, instable, random , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem