The symptoms are many and varies:
- HTTP 500 and 'null' pointer exception when logging into Central Management Console(CMC) for the first time
- CMS process does not start
- "?????? dummy ?????" placeholders appear within the User Interface rather than the correct name
- Missing Applications, Application Settings, Security rights, icons
- 'Old' Applications, Application Settings, Security rights do not work as expected and cause various errors.
- Only one CMS database has been updated when multiple Nodes are defined, each Node is using a different CMS database.
- Need to understand what the support status is for Multiple Nodes (SIAs) per machine where each Node is using a different CMS database.
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform (BI) 4.x
Upgrading patch upgrade patching CMS database corruption, missing Application Settings/rights/icons/??dummy placeholders BI 4.x 4.1 4.2 4.0 , KBA , BI-BIP-INS , Installation, Updates, Upgrade, Patching , BI-BIP-ADM , BI Servers, security, Crystal Reports in Launchpad , BI-BIP-DEP , Webapp Deployment, Networking, Vulnerabilities, Webservices , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.