SAP Knowledge Base Article - Public

1886511 - Leave Request Sent to Wrong Manager for Approval


According to the Personnel file, the Employee XYZ is assigned of the Department ABC. In the Organisation Structure, the Employee XYZ belongs to the Department ABC as well. But when the Employee XYZ creates a Leave Request, the request is going to wrong Manager.


The Employee XYZ is belongs to the Org Unit ABC but this Org Unit is not a Reporting Line Unit or Cost Center.


In the Personnel File of any employee, the responsible Org Unit is always the reporting line unit.

Follow below steps to find the respective Reporting Line Unit for Employee XYZ,

  1. Go to Personnel Administration work center.
  2. Select Employees view.
  3. Select Employee ID (link).
  4. Under Organizational Data section, you can find the respective Reporting Line Unit.
  5. So, the Leave Request of the Employee XYZ will go the Manager of the Reporting Line Unit.
  6. In the same section, you can find the Manager as well.


KBA , wrong leave request , wrong manager , reporting line unit , SRD-HR-PAD , Personnel Administration , How To


SAP Business ByDesign all versions