You want to enable business users to be notified by e-mail about new business task management items but E-mail channel option is grayed out.
You may receive the following error message: Maintain a valid e-mail address in the employee master data.
You may attempt to tick the checkbox next to business partner data. But checkbox is inactivated.
You hover over E-Mail. You will see the following system message: You can select E-Mail if the notification channel has been selected.
SAP Business byDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Home Work Center
- Select Inbox view under Work section
- Click on Subscribe to Tasks
- The Task Subscriptions screen will be opened
- The checkboxes under E-mail column are grayed out
This can be caused by two reasons:
- The task notification using E-mail channel option is not enabled in the project scope or
- The in-house communication E-mail has not been added to the business user (employee or service agent).
- Go to Business Configuration Work Center
- Click on Implementation Projects View
- Click on New to create a new change project. To edit the scope of a project created previously, select the project and click on Edit Project Scope. The new change project or edit change project guided activity is displayed.
- Go to Questions step
- Select All Elements
- Expand Communication and Information Exchange and then Business Process Management options
- Select Business Task Management option
- Check Yes for the following question: Do you want to use e-mail to notify business users about Business Task Management items?
- Go to Review step and then click Finish.
Case 2 (Service Agent):
- Go to Business Partner Data Work Center
- Select Service Agents View
- Select the desired service agent
- Select General under Edit button
- Click on link Copy Address under In-House Address
- Allocate the desired address to the service agent once you allocate the In-House Address the field E-mail will be enabled under In-House Communication.
- Enter the in-house communication details, such as E-mail etc.
- Click on Save
- In case this does not solve the issue, open an SAP Incident to refresh the assignment in the backend
Case 2 (Employee):
- Go to the Personnel Administration Work Center
- Go to the Regular Tasks View
- Under Personal Changes, select Change Workplace Contact Data
- Enter your employee id in the field Employee
- You can maintain your email address here
- This will reflect under Home work center, Edit my contact data subview
Subscribe to tasks, task subscription screen, Abonnements von Aufgaben, Funktion Aufgabenabonnement, Aufgabenbenachrichtigung via E-Mail Option, Benachrichtigung über verschiedene Aufgaben per E-Mail, Fehlermeldung: "Geben Sie eine gültige E-Mail-Adresse in den Mitarbeiterstammdaten ein", in Mitarbeiterstammdaten gültige E-Mail Addresse hinterlegt greyed , KBA , maintain a valid e-mail address in emplo , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To