When creating a sales order, system updates value in the field Fulfillment as External instead of Internal. Here you expect system should select the default value as Internal.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Sales Order work center.
- Go to Common Tasks View and select New Sales Order.
- Choose Add Row and select Product ID ABC using value selection.
- Enter all mandatory details, then navigate to Items tab.
- Here scroll down, you see that under section: Ship From, system defaults Fulfillment as External.
You have marked the checkbox Disable Automatic Ship-From Determination for the required product in respective product master data. If this box is set, the system does not use the assigned planning area for product as a sales order supply source by default.
- Go to Product Portfolio Work center.
- Go to Products view and choose Materials subview.
- Show All Products and find Product ID: ABC
- Choose Product and Edit it.
- Navigate to View All.
- Navigate to Availability Confirmation tab.
- Under section Planning Areas, select relevant Planning Area as per your requirement.
- Here uncheck the field Disable Automatic Ship-From Determination for the required Product.
- Then perform Save.
Note: This will make the system to update value in the field Fulfillment as Internal during sales order creation. Later, when you want to change the value to External, you can manually select Assign Source of Supply button and change it.
You can also change the source of supply in the Customer Demand view, by editing the customer demand and selecting the source of supply under the Line items in Alternative Sources tab after the sales order is released to Outbound Logistics Control work center.
PS: If you want the system to consider a site as Internal source of supply, please make sure that this planning area/site is maintained as Active in the Planning tab of product master data.
You are trying to create a Sales Order with Kit Items and you expect the default Fulfillment to be Internal, but the system selects External.
Cause: You have set the flag Disable Automatic Ship-From Determination for the Planning Area for the required Kit Item in the respective product master data. If this flag is set, the system does not use the assigned planning area for the Kit as a sales order supply source by default.
availability determination, source of supply determination, internal source of supply, external source of supply, availability check, ship from determination. , KBA , internal source of supply , availability determination , source of supply determination , external source of supply , availability check , ship from determination , AP-CR , Customer Requirement Processing , How To