- ToWords function output incorrect value.
- When using the ToWords function in Crystal Reports, it does not always translate the number correctly in Polish language.
- Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report off any data source.
- Set the preferred viewing local in Crystal Reports to Polish.
- Create a formula using the ToWords function to translate in words a negative value that uses decimals, like:
- Insert the formula on the report.
- When viewing the report, notice the formula output : minus sześć i 50 / 100
which is incorrect, because if we translate it, it is : minus six and 50/100
When the expectation will be to output : minus pięć i 50 / 100
If we translate it will be : minus five and 50/100
- The issue occurs mainly with negative numbers with decimal values between 5 and 9, as it seems to round up the value when it should not.
- The issue has been identified and logged under Problem Report ID ADAPT01699946
The issue is resolved in the following product updates:
- Crystal Reports 2008:
- Fix Pack 6.3
- Service Pack 7
- Crystal Reports 2013:
- Support Pack 03 and above
CR, towords, polish, crystal reports, 6.3, SP07, SP03, ADAPT01699946, ADAPT01699947, ADAPT01702788, ADAPT01708083, translate, translation , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Bug Filed