You want to uncheck/disable 'Automatic Tax Determination' checkbox while creating a Purchase Order.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Purchase Requests and Orders work center.
- Navigate to the view Common Task and select the option New Purchase Order.
- Choose the button View All, Enter the Supplier details, navigate to the tab Items and choose the button 'Add Row'.
- Under the sub-tab Taxes, you are able to see that the check box Automatic Tax Determination is flagged.
- You are not able to make any changes to this field.
This is the basic functionality of the tax engine in the system and disabling this feature will render the tax engine calculations at risk. Hence the system will not allow you to disable the automatic tax determination functionality.
You can choose to manually change the tax codes that are available in the Tax Code field in the purchase orders. Once you choose the Tax Code manually the Automatic Tax Determination flag will be turned off overriding user preference over the tax engine calculations.
KBA , SRD-SRM-PRP , Product Portfolio , How To
SAP BUSINESS BYDESIGN 1708 ; SAP Business ByDesign 1302 ; SAP Business ByDesign 1305 ; SAP Business ByDesign 1308 ; SAP Business ByDesign 1311 ; SAP Business ByDesign 1711