What access rights should a User be assigned with to be able to Create a New Individual Material?
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Purchase Requests and Orders work center.
- Go to Purchase Orders view.
- Show All Purchase Orders.
- Find XYZ (XYZ represents the Purchase Order ID).
- Select Edit.
- Select View All.
- Go to Items tab.
- Select Line Item ABC (ABC represents the Line Item ID).
- Go to the Account Assignment subtab.
The New Individual Material button is greyed out.
You expect the New Individual Material button to be active.
Your user does not have the sufficient access rights for this function to be enabled.
For a user to be able to create a New Individual Material, he/she should be assigned with access rights to several Views, the Invoice Entry and Invoices and Credit Memos views, of the Supplier Invoicing work center and the Fixet Assets view of the Fixed Assets work center.
This can be done as follows:
- Go to Application and User Management work center.
- Under the User and Access Management view select the Business Users sub-view.
- Select the concerned user and select the Edit button's Access Rights option.
- Expand the SRM_SUPPLIERINVOICING work center and check the Assigned to User box for SRM_INVOICEENTRY and SRM_INVOICESANDCREDITMEMOS view.
- Expand the FIN_FIXEDASSETS work center and check the Assigned to User box for FIN_FIXEDASSETSALL view.
- Select the Save and Close button.
The steps to create a New Individual material would be:
- Go to Supplier Invoicing work center.
- Select Common task New Invoice Without Purchase Order.
- In the Items section, select the Product Type 'Material'.
- Follow-up with selecting the other parameters like Product ID, Tax Code, etc.
- In the Account Assignment section, select Account Assignment Type as 'IMAT - Individual Material'.
- In line with the Individual Material field, you will find a New button to create an Individual Matereial.
KBA , new individual material , individual material , AP-SIP , Supplier Invoice Processing , How To