- Error Message in IDT: Com.sap.connectivity.cs.java.drivers.DBDError: [Data Federator Driver][Server][Connector] An error occurred while trying to ping the server: Could not start JCo Server. See the trace log file 'dev_jco_rfc.trc' for more details.
- SAPJCo trace on the Data Federation APS service shows: Connect to SAP gateway failed. Error hostname unknown. Hostname cached as unknown
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.x
- Information Design Tool (IDT)
- Data Federation Administration Tool (DFAT)
- SAP Netweaver Business Warehouse (BW)
SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.0 ; SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.0, feature pack 3 ; SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.1 ; SAP NetWeaver 7.3
Error hostname unknown , biSL , KBA , BI-BIP-DF , Data Federation Service , BI-BIP-SL , Semantic Layer , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.