The exchange rate in the Invoice Volume Report is not the expected one.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Select the Reports view.
- Find the Invoice Volume Report.
- Open the report in web browser.
- Select the account ID ABC (ABC represents the ID of the account).
- Select the Go button.
- Select the Invoice field from Not currently Shown option, move it to Rows.
- You will see that XYZ shows the Invoiced Net value as XXX (XYZ represents the ID of the customer invoice and XXX is the net value amount of invoice in the report).
- However if you see the Journal Entry in the financials General Ledger work center for the same invoice, the Net value of the invoice is YYY (YYY is the net value amount of invoice in Journal Entry).
You have changed the concerned currencies after the creation of the invoice, which caused the difference in the Net Value in the Journal Entry and the Invoice Volume Report.
You can view the changes done in the exchange rate by following below steps:
- Go to the General Ledger work center.
- Select the Edit Exchange Rates under Common Tasks.
- Select the relevant exchange rate line and choose the View Exchange Rate History button.
- In the next screen you can view the changes made to the exchange rate.
The exchange rate for the invoice date/posing date (depending on your Business Configuration) needs to be active. E.g. if the invoice date/posting date is in the past there needs to be a valid currency exchange rate for this particular date when the exchange rate is calculated.
This is the expected behavior of the SAP Business ByDesign.
Additional remarks concerning the Display Currency Date:
- For reporting the invoice data is consolidated, i.e. all amounts are converted to the company currency with exchange rate valid at the invoice date/posting date.
- The company currency is the default display currency used in the invoice volume report.
- Changing the Display Currency Date makes only sense with changing the Display Currency as well. In case both are changed, the date is used to determine the exchange rate and this exchange rate will be used in the conversion from the company currency into the new display currency.
- Changing only the Display Currency Date will not change the already into the Company Currency converted amounts.
Exchange Rate; Valid; Validity; Invoice Date; Posting Date; , KBA , AP-CI , Customer Invoice Processing , How To