You would like to define specific approval steps based on the Expense Type and corresponding Expense Item amount.
As an example, approval required if amount of Car Rental expense exceeded XXX $.
- Go to the Business Configuration Work Center.
- Go to the Implementation Project view & Open the Activity List.
- Find the activity Set Audit and Approval Process for Expense Reports <Country>.
- Add a row, and enter the Expense Type CAR - Car Rental, Amount XXX $, mark for Approval Required.
- Save your entries.
- Go to the Application and User Management Work Center.
- Open Approval Process: Expense Report.
- Add Condition, Expense Type Approval Configuration is Equal to Yes.
- Maintain Work Distribution & Save your changes.
- Activate the process with required date/time.
Once the above setup is completed, expense Report will trigger and approval task, if expense Car Rental goes beyond XXX $.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To