You tried to start the system through the SAP MMC (Windows) or with the "sapcontrol" command, however SAP is not starting: no "dw" (or "disp+work") process is getting created. Further symptoms are:
- Windows only:
- The Windows service related to the affected instance is running (SAP<SID>_$$, where "<SID>" is the "system ID", and "$$" is the instance number);
- Operating System independent:
- You see that the "sapstartsrv" process is running;
- If you open the SAP MMC, it shows the instance in "gray" status, and most of the options are missing (like "AS ABAP WP table");
- No "dev_*" trace file is being created/updated at the "work" folder of the affected instance.
- Command "sapcontrol -nr <instancenumber> -function GetProcessList" returns an empty output:
OS/path>sapcontrol -nr <isntancenumber> -function GetProcessList
name, description, dispstatus, textstatus, starttime, elapsedtime, pid
- SAP NetWeaver System
- Client/Server Technology – Startup Service
Upgrade, EHP, Enhancement package, System does not start, Startup issue, Wrong profile, Start profile, Instance profile , KBA , BC-CST-STS , Startup Service , BC-UPG-TLS-TLA , Upgrade tools for ABAP , BC-UPG-OCS-SPA , Support package tools for ABAP , BC-CST , Client/Server Technology , BC-UPG-TLS-TLJ , Upgrade tools for Java , BC-UPG-OCS-ZDM , Near Zero Downtime Maintenance , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.