Crystal report alert not triggered when data is not fetched in the report
Crystal report alert not triggered for the record having NULL value in the database
- Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
Reproducing the Issue
For No record in the Database:
- Create a Crystal report and select the field which has No record in the database
- Add an Alert in the report and refresh the report
- An Alert will not be triggered as there is no record in the database
No record for specified condition:
- Create a Crystal report
- Select few fields in the detail section of the report
- Add a filter and select the field value which has no record in the database
- Add Alert in the report, select the field on which the filter is applied in the alert formula and refresh the report
- An Alert will not be triggered as there is no records retrieved after refreshing the report
- There are No records in the database.
- Alert formula can be based on print-time fields.
An Alert can be triggered if following two conditions would satisfy:
- Report should retrieve at least one record from database. It cannot be triggered if there is no record in the database.
- Alert formulas can be based on recurring records (records returned after reading the records from database) or on summary fields but cannot be based on print-time fields (records returned after applying the filter at Crystal reports designer level).
Crystal Reports, Alert, No records, Zero records, Null , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011