- "Insert in Spreadsheet" option greyed out for hierarchy objects in Query Browser in Dashboard Designer 4.x
- Unable to bind the hierarchical objects directly to spreadsheet in Dashboards
- Other non hierarchical objects can be mapped to the excel sheet as expected
- Dashboards Design 4.0
- Dashboards Design 4.1
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a Query in Dashboards using Add query.
- Drag the Hierarchical Object to the Result Objects panel in Query panel and click Next to finish the query creation.
- Open Query Browser and expand the query created.
- Select the Hierarchical objects in the Result Objects.
- Check the " Insert in Spreadsheet" option is grayed out.
- It's a behavior by Design. Hierarchical objects cannot be mapped to spreadsheet table directly.
- Hierarchical objects can be mapped to the "Hierarchical Table" component.
- In Query Browser you can also add to the default dimensions of the hierarchical object (such as key or text) to the results Objects window.
- These objects can be mapped to the relevant range in the excel spreadsheet.
Hierarchical objects, Insert to spreadsheet, Hierarchical Table,Bex Transient Query, Bex Query, Dashboard Designer, hierarchy, grayed , KBA , BI-RA-XL-DSL , Obsolete: Design-Time, Design on Multi-Source , Problem