Unable to edit the query and refresh a WebI report in BI 4.0, which is based on a Universe that is huge in size. Below mentioned symptoms are observed:
- While editing and refreshing the WebI report from query panel, "Java.lang.OutOf Memory Error: Java heap space" error message is displayed from BI-Launchpad in Rich Internet Application mode as well as in WebI Rich Client.
- Huge memory and High CPU utilization. After clicking on the "Edit Query" option, CPU utilization reaches up to 50% and memory consumption up to 1.2 GB.
- Same report can be easily edited and refreshed in XI3.1 SP5 environment with less CPU utilization and memory consumption.
- Response time is very less in XI3.1 SP5 as compare to BI4.0.
- Issue is specific to the report that is based on multiple queries (>10 queries) and heavy Universe. This issue is logged for the report that has 13 data providers and Universe which is 30 Mb in size. Universe has 940 Classes and 26316 Objects.
- SAP BusinessObjects BI4.0 SP05/SP06/SP07/SP08
- SAP BusinessObjects BI4.1
- Web Intelligence Rich Client
SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.0
Java.lang.OutOf Memory Error, Java heap space, ADAPT01704218, ADAPT, Rich Client, edit query, hang, freeze, query panel, SP09, SP03, ADAPT01704219, ADAPT01707083, ADAPT01710518, ADAPT01714925 , KBA , BI-RA-WBI , Web Intelligence , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.