- Query Filters missing.
- Reports migrated to Crystal Reports for Enterprise lose their Query Filters.
- When migrating reports created in Crystal Reports based on a Universe to Crystal Reports for Enterprise, the migrated reports Query Filters are missing.
- Note: Images and data in this SAP Knowledge Base Article is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020
- SAP Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.1
- SAP Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.2
- SAP Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.3
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report based on a Universe.
- In the Query Panel, add fields to the Result Objects.
- Still in the Query Panel, add Query Filters to narrow down the data.
- Save the report.
- In Information Design Tool, migrate the .UNV Universe to .UNX Universe.
- Migrate the report based on a Universe from Crystal Reports to Crystal Reports for Enterprise.
- Notice the migrated reports are missing the Query Filters in the Query Panel.
- Unfortunately this is a product limitation. It is only possible to map the Result Objects and not the Query Filters when migrating reports from Crystal Reports to Crystal Reports for Enterprise that are based off a Universe.
- Manually re-add the Query Filters for migrated reports in Crystal Reports for Enterprise.
- In Crystal Reports for Enterprise, open the migrated report.
- In the "Data Explorer" pane on the left side, click on "Edit Data Sources..."
- In the "Edit Query" window, manually re-add the Query Filters.
- Once completed, save the report.
CRFE, CR4E, CR for Enterprise, migration, Universe , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2020