The function assign reference for returns on item level does not work as expected.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Go to the Returns view.
- Show All Returns and Find XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the return).
- Go to the Items tab and select the Assign Reference button.
- You assign reference Sales Order ABC(ABC is id of the sales order).
- You get an error message: Sales Order reference with ABC-XX not valid(ABC is the id of the sales order and XX is the line number of the product which you have as assigned reference).
This is the expected behavior, you can only assign a valid reference that is a sales order order with same product, otherwise the reference would not be valid.
This is the expected behavior of SAP Business byDesign. If you want assign reference to any other sales order then you need the select the check box External Indicator in the Assign Reference tab of the Item for which you want to assign reference. After this you will be able to assign reference to any sales order in the system.
KBA , AP-SVO , Service Order Processing , How To
SAP BUSINESS BYDESIGN 1705 ; SAP BUSINESS BYDESIGN 1708 ; SAP Business ByDesign 1302 ; SAP Business ByDesign 1305 ; SAP Business ByDesign 1802 ; SAP Business ByDesign 1805 ; SAP Business ByDesign 1808