The sales quote approval task remains unassigned if the quote is created by the manager as of the Org Unit which is added in the quote.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the New Business work center.
- Create a New Sales Quote from the Common Tasks.
- Add a account and sales unit as ABC in the quote (ABC represents the ID of the sales unit).
- Add the employee responsible XYZ (XYZ is the ID of the employee responsible for the quote and the manager of the org unit ABC).
- Add a product in the sales quote and Submit it.
- Now go to the Application and User Management work center.
- Go to the Business Task Management view.
- Show Unassigned Tasks.
- You can find that the approval task created for the sales quote is not assigned to any user.
You are expecting that the approval task created by the manager of the same org unit should have been assigned to her.
The approval task for the sales order remain unassigned since it is created by the manager who have been hired and assigned as a manager for the same unit for which the quote has been created.
To avoid self approval possibility, the functionality is so defined that if such a scenario occurs then responsibility for the approval task is not determined to the same person .
You can apply the workaround by changing the approval process definition:
- Go to the Application & User Management work center.
- Go to the Approvals view.
- Select the default approval process for Sales Quote (which is in active status).
- Copy the approval process definition for sales quote.
- In this screen maintain:
- step 1 -> Edit condition to maintain sales unit = ABC.
- Maintain responsible approver as manager ID i.e.. XYZ (direct approver).
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To