- Connection to SAP system is lost after 30 minutes of inactivity. As consequence, users have to logon several times during the day.
- Parameters 'rdisp/plugin_auto_logout' or 'rdisp/gui_auto_logout are set to a value higher than 1800 (30 minutes)
- Issue can also happen to users while they are working (not-idle). They are using SICF service, and get 400 “Timeout” error.
URL being called is: http(s):<host>:<port>/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/<zservice>
You have already checked KBA 2717193 - 400 Session time out - please log in again
- Users are getting disconnected during a smaller time than the defined by 'rdisp/plugin_auto_logout' or 'rdisp/gui_auto_logout'.
Following entries are logged to the System Log (transaction SM21):
dd.mm.yyyy hh:mm:ss <hostname>_<SID>_$$ DIA <nr> R2G HTTP/RFC session was deleted following timeout
- Checking information shown on work process trace file (dv_w<nr>), you find at that timestamp:
M ***LOG R2G=> ThPlgTimeout, Timeout (T123_U4567, SAP GUI auto logout) [thxxmode.c 4232]
- At the work process trace file (dev_w<nr>), you can also find:
M ***LOG R2G=> ThPlgTimeout, Timeout (Txxx_Uxxxx, security session timed o) [thxxmode.c 4137]
M ***LOG R2G=> ThPlgTimeout, Timeout (XXXX, SAP GUI auto logout) [thxxmode.c 4328]
M ThPlgTimeout: timeout reason: SAP GUI auto logout; timeout was: XXX seconds
M ThPerformDeleteThisSession: switch off statistics
SAP_BASIS release 702, 720 and subsequent releases.
time out, timeou, 400 session, 1800, 30 minutes, rdisp/plugin_auto_logout, rdisp/gui_auto_logout, http/security_session_timeout, SM21, R2G , KBA , BC-CST-DP , Dispatcher, Task Handler , BC-FES-ITS , SAP Internet Transaction Server , BC-CST-IC , Internet Communication Manager , BC-MID-ICF , Internet Communication Framework , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.