- Additional Functions is missing or blank in Crystal Reports designer.
- In Crystal Reports, when opening or refreshing a report, get the error: UFL 'u2l2dts.dll' that implement this function is missing.
- Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
Reproducing the Issue
- Open Formula Workshop in Crystal Reports designer.
- Expand Functions -> Additional Functions.
- It is blank.
Crystal Reports loads the incorrect version of u2l2dts.dll if an older version of Crystal Reports is installed on the same machine. In certain cases it might be possible that a random older version of .dll is loaded.
- If the older versions of Crystal Reports is installed on the same machine, uninstall the older versions and the latest version of Crystal Reports.
- Do a clean uninstall of all the versions of Crystal Reports.
- See SAP Knowledge Base Article 1876618 to manually uninstall Crystal Reports 2011 and for Crystal Reports 2008 refer 1197923.
- Perform a fresh installation of Crystal Reports.
Add the dll into the same location as Crystal Reports executable. The steps to add is as follows:
- Right-click on the shortcut that starts Crystal, click properties and then click 'Open File Location'
- This will open the location of 'crw32.exe'. (make sure crystal is closed)
- Copy the dll from the machine where the report is working into this folder.
- Restart Crystal Reports.
Additional Functions missing , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem