- In Microsoft Visual Studio you can select ADO.NET Data Sources, such as in Server Explorer, to represent the connection to the backend database server.
- With SAP Sybase ASE (Adaptive Server Enterprise), there is the ASE ADO.NET Data Provider to create a connection to the ASE.
- However, when using Visual Studio (msdev) 2012, this capability is missing.
- When adding a connection there is no Data Source available in the list for the ASE ADO.NET Data Provider:
- SAP Sybase Software Developers Kit (SDK) 15.7
- Adaptive Server Enterprise ADO.NET Data Provider
- 4.0 Provider (Sybase.AdoNet4.AseClient.dll)
- SAP Sybase ASE 15.7
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 or 2013
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 15.7 ; SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise SDK 16.0 ; Sybase Software Developer Kit 15.7
ADONET Data msdev MSDEV 4.0 framework adonet Studio 2012 .net 4 , KBA , adonet studio 2010 , BC-SYB-SDK , SDK , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.