- When the "wash size" configuration parameter is changed to a large value it seems to work, the output of sp_cacheconfig is correct
- The ASE config file will show a negative value
- If the ASE config file is edited with the correct values they remain until the next reboot when they change automatically to zero values
- The ASE Server will fail on a reboot with the following error in the ASE error log:
The wash size for the 4k buffer pool in cache default data cache has been incorrectly configured. It must be a minimum of 10 buffers and a maximum of 80 percent of the number of buffers in the pool.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.5
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 15.7 ; Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise 15.5
overflow,washsize , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.