- You are installing a SAP system on SAP ASE.
- Building the database component fails. Checking into the log file, you may see entries similar to this:
Building Adaptive Server 'SID':
Writing entry into directory services...
Directory services entry complete.
Building master device...
Master device complete.
Writing RUN_SID file...
RUN_SID file complete.
Unable to boot server 'SID'.
Server '<SID>' was not created.
- In /sybase/<SID>/ASE..../install....<SID>.Log, you may see entries similar to following:
... ninit: bind, Cannot assign requested address
... Cannot allocate resources for listener with protocol tcp, host
... host-dr, port <port #>.
... Cannot start any network listeners.
... ueshutdown: exiting
... Main thread performing final shutdown.
... Blocking call queue shutdown.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 for Business Suite
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 for Business Suite
- SAP Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) 6.0
- SAP Customer Relationship Management (CRM) 7.0
- SAP Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) 7.0
- SAP Supply Chain Management (SCM) 7.0
- SAP Solution Manager (SOLMAN) 7.1
- SAP NetWeaver (NW) - All versions
KBA , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.