You have upgraded from BW7.0 (or lower) to BW7.3 (or higher). You notice that some BW query result is different after the upgrade in the following situation:
- The query has "zero suppression" feature switched on ("Active" or "Active (All values = 0)").
- There are cells that "division by zero" (like 5/0) in the formula calculation.
- These cells are shown in the BW7.3 result but not shown in the BW7.0 result.
There is a setting that defines how a "division by zero" cell is to be displayed in the query result. The system default setting is "-". You can check the setting by (the exact description might differ a bit for different system versions):
- Transaction SPRO -> SAP Reference IMG -> SAP NetWeaver -> Business Warehouse -> Settings for Reporting and Analysis -> General Settings for Reporting and Analysis -> Display of Exception Values in a Query Result -> Division by zero
- Or directly Transaction RSCUSTV4 -> Division by zero
BW 7.3 and above
SAP NetWeaver 7.3 ; SAP NetWeaver 7.4 ; SAP enhancement package 1 for SAP NetWeaver 7.3
division by 0, divide by 0, divide by zero , KBA , BW-BEX-OT-OLAP , Analyzing Data , BW-BEX , Business Explorer , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.