- The SAP application server is no able to startup with no more work processes.
- Dispatcher trace file (dev_disp):
*** DP_FATAL_ERROR => DpWPCheck: no more work processes
*** DISPATCHER EMERGENCY SHUTDOWN ***
- The work process trace file (dev_w*):
M *** ERROR => ThPlgConnectToIcm: IcmReadAck failed (-8, ni_rc=-6)
M in_ThErrHandle: 1
M *** ERROR => ThStart: connect to icman (step 1, th_errno 2, action 3, level 1)
M call ThrShutDown (1)...
M ***LOG Q02=> wp_halt, WPStop (Workp. 0 XXX )
- Two SAP systems running in the same server;
- This issue was initially identified in Windows systems;
- Usually this occurs with a specific startup order, for example, starting the system A with the system B already UP and running. If the systems are started the other way round, there is no issue.
SMICM, startsap, host IPv6, IPv4, icman, Internet Communication Manager, bind, listen , KBA , BC-CST-IC , Internet Communication Manager , BC-CST-STS , Startup Service , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.