- A JDBC application using jConnect JDBC driver to connect to SAP Sybase ASE (Adaptive Server Enterprise), passes text data to the database via dynamic prepared SQL.
- DYNAMIC_PREPARE property is set to "true", which is the default for jConnect 7.0.
- The field on ASE is defined as TEXT.
- The data for this field can be sent at various lengths.
- When length is 16K or less, no errors occur and the SQL completed successfully.
- When length is between 16K and 32K this error occurs: java.sql.SQLException: The token datastream length was not correct. This is an internal protocol error.
- When length is over 32K this error occurs: java.sql.SQLException: Type '6c' not implemented.
- The type value such as '6c' is arbitrary and is based on what ASE reads from the TDS stream.
- The error messages originate from the ASE side.
- When passing large amounts of text data through jConnect JDBC Driver with DYNAMIC_PREPARE=true, exception is thrown: java.sql.SQLException: Type '6c' not implemented
- SAP Sybase Software Developer Kit (SDK) 15.5
- JDBC driver 7.0
- Sample version string from jConnect 7.0 (15.5 ESD#11): 7.00(Build 26548)/P/EBF19559/JDK16/Thu Sep 29 9:30:50 2011.
- SAP Sybase ASE 15.7
- java 6 or higher.
- Any platform (Windows, Linux, Solaris, AIX, HP).
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 15.7 ; SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 16.0
jConn, longchar, blob, blob_varchar, 1.6 , KBA , BC-SYB-SDK , SDK , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.