You have encountered the error Unsupported Media Type with details Unsupported Content Type is received while doing a call using communication arrangement Employee Replication from External System.
Reproducing the Issue
- Application and User Management work center.
- Business Communication Monitoring view.
- Select Rejected Web Service Calls in the drop-down list.
- Details of the error:
Status: Technical Error
Error Description: Unsupported Media Type / Unsupported Content Type is received
Sent By: Web Service
Service Interface: Employee Master Data Replication In
The error Unsupported Content Type is received is received because in the Web Service request on the customer’s side, no Content-Type into HTTP header has been set. For correct request processing a valid Content-Type should be set.
The most typical Content-Types are:
- SOAP 1.1: Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8
- SOAP 1.2: Content-Type: application/soap+xml; charset=utf-8
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , BC-ESI-WS-ABA , Web Service and SOAP - ABAP , How To