The Offline Distribution functionality causes an Automation Error if any other Office 2010 application is open (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook...).
The system throws the following errors: "Automation Error", "The system cannot publish the book to Interface for Web".
This does not occur with Office versions prior to Office 2010.
Issue only happens for XLSM files (macro-enabled workbook). If the template to distribute is a XLS file, the distribution is successful.
The error does not occur always at the same point in the time (it can occur after 30 seconds or after 5 minutes).
In short distributions the error may not occur, but in long distributions it will occur sooner or later.
- SAP Business Planning and Consolidation 7.5 for the Microsoft platform
- SAP Business Planning and Consolidation 7.5 for NetWeaver
- SAP Business Planning and Consolidation 10.0 for the Microsoft platform
- SAP Business Planning and Consolidation 10.0 for NetWeaver
- SAP Business Planning and Consolidation 10.1 for the Microsoft platform
- SAP Business Planning and Consolidation 10.1 for NetWeaver
offline distribution, automation error , KBA , EPM-BPC-NW , NetWeaver Version , EPM-BPC-MS , Microsoft Version , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.