When you try to post a manually created supplier invoice regarding fixed asset procurement to accounting, the system gives the error message: an error occured during depreciation for INTERN-0001-0.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Supplier Invoicing work center, and choose the Invoice Entry view.
- Choose New Invoice Without Purchase Order under New.
- Choose the purchasing company, invoice, or supplier.
- Specify the external document number, invoice date, value, and tax amount.
- Choose View All.
- In the Items tab, add one item.
- In the Cost Distribution tab, assign it to an individual material XYZ.
- Post the supplier invoice.
The system gives you an error message: an error occured during depreciation for INTERN-0001-0.
You use the fiscal year variant which is year dependent.
In the Other Fiscal Year Fine-tune activity, check the Period Control for Fixed Assets, you could see no entries for period control key, for example 01, are maintained for date after DD.MM.YYYY,and this date is way before the posting date of your supplier invoice. A period control key is part of the depreciation key, which is used to determine the period starting from which a transaction is included in depreciation calculation.
In order to fix the issue, in the Period Control for Fixed Assets of Other Fiscal Year activity, entries for all applicable control keys need to be maintained. With the period control for fixed assets, you assign calendar dates to accounting periods for each period control key. To generate a default assignment, choose Generate Proposals for Period Control. You can overwrite the proposals.
After that, you should be able to post the supplier invoice.
KBA , intern , cannot post supplier invoice , individual material , AP-SIP , Supplier Invoice Processing , How To